This Privacy Statement is designed to tell you about our practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of information about you through your use of the digital health and wellness tools (the “Programs”) provided to you by New Ocean Health Solutions (“New Ocean”).
This application (the “Application”) allows you to use the Programs made available to you by your sponsor, which may be your employer-sponsored health plan, your health insurer, HMO, or your healthcare provider (your “Sponsor”). The Application’s primary function is to provide the Programs to you. In addition, the Application may be used as a point through which you may access other information and services made available to you by your Sponsor. Your participation in the Programs and use of the Application are voluntary and based on your eligibility as determined by your Sponsor.
By registering for the Application and participating in the Programs, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement.
- Collection of Personally Identifiable Information. Information about you is collected directly from you through the Application and may also be collected from your Sponsor. This information will include your name, date of birth, address, telephone number, and health information about you, including information pertaining to medications, appointments, medical conditions, medical history, measurements, etc. This information may reveal sensitive information about you, such as mental health, HIV/AIDs status, or substance abuse information.
- Use of Personally Identifiable Information Collected. We may use personally identifiable information to deliver the Programs to you, and to respond to your inquiries or requests. We may also use information that we collect to improve the Programs or the Application, and for our analyses. We may remove the elements of your information that could identify you. We may use and disclose the resulting “de-identified” information without restrictions. For example, New Ocean may create de-identified, statistical, and aggregate data to prepare reports about the Programs for your Sponsor that do not identify any individual participants. [You may opt to receive e-mails, SMS text messages, and telephone notifications from the Application. Email or telephone communications and text messages will be sent to the email address and/or mobile telephone number that you provide to the Application. These communications may contain health information.]
- Disclosure of Personal Information. We may share information about you with the following parties for the purposes described below:
- to your Sponsor. We may provide personally identifiable health information about you and your participation in the Programs to your Sponsor. Your Sponsor may use and disclose such information for the purposes described in the Notice of Privacy Practices that your Sponsor has delivered to you as required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- to health coaches who may assist you with your participation in the Programs.
- to our contractors who assist us in managing, administering or delivering the Programs. We will require such parties to protect and govern the use of the information about you according to this Privacy Statement and other requirements that we place upon them by contract.
- in connection with the sale, assignment, or other transfer of the business of our Programs or this Application, we may transfer the information about you, in which case we will require any such buyer or acquiring party to agree to treat the information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- to respond to law enforcement requests or where required by applicable laws, court orders, or government regulations
- We will not sell or otherwise give information about you to other parties for their marketing purposes.
- If you choose to share information with a caregiver using the Application, we may share information with that caregiver in accordance with the authorization you sign specifically giving the caregiver access to information about you.
- Security Measures and Communicating with New Ocean. We take reasonable steps to protect information about you in our possession and control, such as for information associated with the Application, and to protect such information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent between you and us may not be secure.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement, the practices of New Ocean, or your experience with the Application, you can contact New Ocean Health Solutions at support@NewOceanHealthSolutions.com.
Dated: December, 2016.
Copyright © 2016 New Ocean Health Solutions; All rights reserved.