Product: Key benefits for you and your people
Deploying our best-in-class Health and Well-being solution has many benefits for leaders at employee-first companies and health plans.
Benefits for health plans
- Lower costs through improved member self-management
- Increase retention and growth of commercial ASO clients
- Increase revenues by selling the solution to commercial clients fully and self-insured
- Improve rates of individual and group retention
- Enhance your healthy culture and brand via a customizable, configurable, white-labeled solution
- Integrate New Ocean’s proprietary tools, content and solutions as well as all third-party and existing products important to your company onto one platform to enhance and simplify user experience
Beyond our overall benefits to leadership at your organization, New Ocean’s Health and Well-being platform has myriad benefits for users. It’s designed to help people flourish and live healthier. The Voyage, our user-facing program that can reflect your company branding, takes people on a personalized health journey. It begins with the discovery of goals and guides them to tools and resources that empower them to take charge of their health.
Key resources. Our best-in-class health content is created and vetted by our subject matter experts. It gives your people, whether they’re employees or members, a comprehensive experience. We have over 4,000 articles, 1,000 videos, hundreds of recipes and quizzes and more than 1,500 personal insights shared by New Ocean’s healthcare professionals. It’s all exclusive to our platform.
- Focusing on the four pillars of well-being and condition management, our programs are wide-ranging. Examples of programs include stress management, financial insight, sleep, nutrition, physical activity, behavioral health and chronic disease.
- People have the power of choice with our programs, unlike other platforms. They control the level of difficulty and how often they want a nudge, whether it’s every day or just during the week.
- Challenges. We inspire people to take action through motivational messaging and rewards that drive goal completion and milestone achievements. Challenges foster a robust community.
- Rewards. Based on your culture and your budget, and always with a seamless user experience. Motivate your team to choose healthy activities important to your organization by offering configurable incentives package with direct rewards fulfillment.
- Tools and calculators. Personalization comes first, from our symptom checker and target heart rate calculator to our weight management and health advocacy tools.
- New Ocean Live. Our call center is staffed by real people without scripts. Our experts connect with you live to answer your questions and troubleshoot efficiently so you can get back to work.
- Chronic Condition Management. Flexible programs to assist users in gaining confidence to self-manage conditions. Our solution is designed with the person in mind – not the disease. Managing chronic conditions is the costliest aspect of healthcare. Most condition management solutions aren’t effective because they are dictatorial in nature, have a “one-size-fits-all” mentality and don’t consider the need for flexibility in the self-management of chronic diseases. At New Ocean, we apply the principles of behavioral science to assess readiness for change and customize our condition management programs to meet the individual needs and personality of each person. Our solution helps people become confident and knowledgeable about their disease and empowers them with tools and resources for effective self-management regardless of the state of their condition. Our solution is designed with the person in mind – not the disease.Our current condition management solutions were released in April 2015 and focus on asthma and diabetes. A myriad of variables have motivated our team to further enhance our condition management programs to include asthma, diabetes, hypertension, COPD and heart disease.Our new solutions will be introduced in summer 2017.Our enhancements incorporate condition management programs while also allowing the user to participate in the wellness aspects of the program, tailoring the content to their specific disease. Our design also acknowledges that everyone is different and that people’s needs are constantly evolving.
Our condition management solution is unique because we utilize the principles of behavioral science to drive habit formation. New Ocean offers support and encouragement by formatting our questions in a friendly and mentoring fashion, assuring people that we are here for them every step of the way.
Special features differentiate our new, proprietary condition management solutions coming this summer. They include:
- Questions to assess people’s phases of engagement throughout their journey
- Proprietary educational content tailored to the user’s current phase of engagement
- Daily Core Care Plan
- Daily short checklist including essential everyday activities that lead to improved health outcomes
- Four-week incentives program to kick-start the Daily Core Care Plan
- Users receive a reward for completing the Core Care Plan each day
- The kick-start period drives habit formation
- Ability to incorporate disease-specific wellness incentives and program challenges within the condition management solution
- Examples include nutrition, physical activity and mental health